You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Teaching In China’ category.



I know you guys have thought I probably fell off the end of the world.. but I haven’t.  I just been extremely busy.   Between working as a teacher full-time, singing at the bar every weekend, managing the marketing, events and advertising at the bar, doing side singing gigs, learning guitar..and having a boyfriend…. life has just got in the way of my blogging.

I honestly never thought that I would have a life this full at this age.   I just keep getting blessed with opportunities and I am afraid to turn them down.   I get job offers everyday….. business partnerships offered…. performance gigs…. teaching gigs….. it is just pouring with opportunities.  I have even started breaking into the Shanghai performing arts scene.  I have seen several plays and met many actors and been to several casts parties.  I have met so many amazing people…. I just cannot take it all in fast enough.

I know I havent been keeping you guys updated…and that is my fault…. but did you ever feel you should just grab everything you can .. before it disappears?    I have that kind of mind-set…. I keep thinking that this land of opportunity isn’t gonna last forever… so I better soak it all in while I can.   So…. thus explains my lack of blogging for the past few months.

I guess I have learned a lot about myself and the people around me.

It is kind of hard to explain living in China… time goes by so quickly…. in the blink of an eye…. 5 years … then 10 years have passed…. it like you are living in a time warp of some sort.

There are so many things going on… that you just lose track of time.

I believe that is what has happened to me….many people have asked me how I can lead such a busy life…. and I cant explain it…. I just thrive under pressure… and I like to be over whelmed with things to do.   I learn from these things.

I will give a brief overview of the last few months:

1. Currently the band is doing well… we are becoming more stable and are learning to flow with each other better.

2. I have been promoted to the management team of the bar…due to some changes that need to be made to improve quality

3. I have been learning to play guitar and can actually play some basic rock riffs from songs.

4. I have made new friends in Shanghai and try to visit them when I can .. to see them perform in plays.. last few I saw were, Cabaret and Rosemary’s baby.

5. I am getting a little burned out at my day job as a teacher.. I think it is because I want to do more things and it takes up a lot of time.

6. I am getting side solo gigs now .. that pay pretty well… so I am bringing in extra funds….

7. I have been ask to help market a new chat app.  I have been a little too busy to help too much .. but I am still considering that.

8. I have been asked to be a part of an outsourcing accounting firm that helps foreigners set up business in china.

9. And…. I have a new live in boyfriend that is pretty amazing.   He is a bodybuilding with an amazing dragon tattoo across his chest and ..treats me like a queen.   He an orphan … which made me learn a lot about the life of orphans in China. (not pretty) .. that’s another blog.

So things have been a little hectic… but I am trying to slow it down… and get back to the basics…. which start with my blog.

I am going to force myself to write every week…. to keep you guys updated on what is going on ….. on this side of the world.

until next time…..

Hi guys, I often hook up with other bloggers and we share information between our different sites… I have a friend over at that had some very interesting tips and information to share…. .take it away guys…..


China is such a great country to visit isn’t it? Well, perhaps this is not so surprising considering the sheer size of the country and the huge number of people living there. There is an amazing diversity of places, cultures and sub-cultures, and people that it could take you seemingly forever to get used to just one aspect of the place. Then, of course, there is the language… not easy to get used to, to say the least!

So, whilst the early days living in China will not be without challenges, no worries, as you’ll generally find that people are friendly and happy help—and, of course you have us!

Today, with the kind permission of Jo, we are going to share with you some key tips you should pay attention to when you visit China. One of our writers from, C Fernandez, has put together an “infographic” and we’d like to share this with you.

To be honest, if you have lived in China for a while like Jo, you probably already know about and/or have experienced some or most of the points in the infographic. Still, we believe it will be particularly useful for those who are still not very familiar with China.

Also, if you or your friends want to have a <a href=”“> better understanding of Chinese women today </a>

or learn about their way of life, please don’t hesitate to check out the latest posts on our <a href=”“>MY NEW Chinese Wife Website </a>.


Wish you happy adventures in China!



Life behind the wall

Find out how life can be for a Black American woman married to a Chinese man behind the Great Wall of China.

Enter your email address to follow this blog

Join 1,423 other followers

March 2013

What You Missed

Borderless News and Views


  • 783,445 hits

The Best of the Best

This site is a member of China Blog Network.
Expat Women - Inspiring Your Success Abroad

Enter your email address to follow this blog

Join 1,423 other followers


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,423 other followers