I found your blog through another Black American female traveler’s site. I was really curious to read your blog because of your ethnic background, gender and the fact that you live in China. I guess after reading your blog I discovered something about myself…my own ignorance in regards to a Black woman who is willingly living in the People’s Republic of China…never would have believed it until I read it. Even though I do not know you I have a lot of respect for you by moving to a foreign country, willingly facing the inequalities head on by being a person of color in a foreign land and slowly changing the negative views of Black people, dating outside of your race (kudos), and taking the time to share your life with us in a country that many find intriguing
Thank you so much for your comment and I needed that on this Thanksgiving Day, with me being so far from home getting a comment like this really makes it worthwhile.
I was always told by my grandmother
To never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something, You can achieve anything if you set your mind to it.
I guess my life here in China.. proves that she was soooo.. right. Often times, particularly as a Black American woman, I get snide comments and stereotypes thrown my way, more so in China. But I just continue to hold my head up, thru the stares and pointing. However, sometimes it gets difficult and lonely… but when I see comments like this one it brightens my day. I am so happy that I could help enlighten you by only sharing my experiences. I honestly feel if I can help people with what I do with my life, then I have left my mark and I am so thankful.
Which brings me to the things I am thankful for…
On this Thanksgiving day want to say ..I am thankful to my husband, who goes through as much as I do to have our life here together, I am thankful to my children for their patience and maturity for me being so far from them for the holidays, I am thankful to my family and friends that stay in touch with me and lend a hand even if I did not ask for one…. And to all my readers… your comments, advice and support .. keep me sane… and laughing. I will keep sharing and keep experiencing life. Thank You!!!
Until next time…..
- Happy Thanksgiving!!, from China (chinesepeoplehavenostyle.com)
- Great Reasons to be Thankful this Thanksgiving Day (holidaysandspecialoccasions.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving (askbecca.com)
- giving thanks (zendictive.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving: A Day Of Appreciation (bone33.wordpress.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving from I Did Not Know What To Say.com (ididnotknowwhattosay.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving Day Reads (skydancingblog.com)
- Saturday Question of the Week (lifebehindthewall.wordpress.com)
- RE: Controversial Article on Chinese men marrying African Women (lifebehindthewall.wordpress.com)
- Single Black Woman…..What’s your story? (iwillfacethemusic.com)