My Weekend trip

Hi everybody, I know it’s been a while but I have been kind of busy as always. However, I wanted to share this ridiculous situation I encountered. 

So, I decided to visit my good friend in Foshan, Guangdong Province. She lives a bit far from me, about three hours by plane. I made the plan to go there Sunday morning and come back on Monday.  Just a quick trip…but little did I know it would turn into such a disaster. 

Plane was scheduled to leave from Yiwu airport at 10:30 am. (Due to G20 not flights from Hangzhou) Anywho, I arrived bright and early the required two hours before and was abruptly told my flight was canceled.  I was like what? Why? ….his reply….Plane Broken. 

So I proceeded to ask about the next available flight … Just as rudely he says …flight full you want stand by? I was like ok. When is it leaving 1:30. So I was put on stand by and waited in the airport until near boarding time.  I asked if there were any available seats.  The reply….No! ….I said what about the next flight.  “Full, no stand by….no more tickets!!” Honestly, I wanted to punch this man in the throat for talking to me so rudely; but the military police were all around guarding the airport from G20 potential terrorist. (Jet would have lost his mind) 

So now I was very upset, I went to ask for the manager of that airline company. He says why don’t you take the 7:50 pm flight. I didn’t know there was one, so he booked me on that flight.  However, now I had been in the airport since 8:00 that morning and it was 3:00 pm. 

Hungry, tired and pissed I called Jet. He was livid. He said don’t move I’m coming to get you. So, he drove his electric bike all the way to the airport to pick me up and take me home to have something to eat and a nap. 

At around 5 pm, we headed back to the airport. To quickly find out that the plane was delayed until 11:50 pm.  This time Jet was with me, and he started questioning the guy and the guy who was so rude to me before was not sweating profusely and stammering. 

I was worried that the police would get involved but they paid no attention. I guess unless you are trying to blow up the airport they don’t care what you do. 

Jet stayed with me in the airport until I boarded. I ended up arriving at 3 am. Exhausted and Hungry I just went to the hotel and crashed. 

Needless to say, I only got to see my friends a few hours on Monday before I had to get back on the plane and head back to my hubby. 

The little trip was kind of a bust but an adventure to remember. 


2 thoughts on “My Weekend trip

What do you think about this?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s